WHEN: Sunday, Oct. 25, 2015 at 2 p.m.
WHERE: Arboretum, at building 72 (Directions here)
- Background: Trees produce seeds, nuts and other fruit as part of their normal reproductive cycles. Many trees rely on other organisms to help spread their seed and ensure survival and evolution of the species. A by-product is the great appeal of tree seeds and fruits to humans. This tour will show some interesting specimens in the Arboretum and help explain what trees have to offer and what we need to protect.
- Tour leaders are Bettina Henkelman and Katrina Siks
- Bettina is an ISA-certified arborist and Tree Risk Hazard Assessor
- Katrina is a co-founder of Hidden Harvest Ottawa
- Although the tour is free and open to the public, please register in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-230-3276.
- Donations to the Friends of the Farm will be kindly accepted during the tour.