WHERE: Meet at Building 72 in the Arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm, east of the Prince of Wales roundabout
- Over the last decade, the bat populations in Ottawa (and Canada) have significantly declined due to the white-nose syndrome.
- Learn about our flying furry friends, Ottawa’s bats species, their superpowers and their habitat.
- Learn foraging and roosting features used by bats and practices that can be used to improve these features.
- We will be going to the pond to see if we can catch their aerial acrobatics, and eavesdrop using a special bat detector.
- We’ll also discuss how our backyards, landscapes and forests can be managed to best suit bat habitat.
- Bring a flashlight, good footwear and bug repellent! The tour leader is Bettina Henkelman
- Although the tours are free and open to the public, please register in advance
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tour
INFO: Register here or call 613-230-3276.