WHEN: Sunday June 24 from 10am to 2pm – will be cancelled in case of rain, check www.friendsofthefarm.ca
WHERE: Ornamental Gardens west of the Prince of Wales roundabout.
Park in Ag Museum lot (Pay & Display). The Friends of the Farm will be at the Farm entrance near the Museum parking area with additional information on garden tours. Light refreshments will also be available.
- A gem in the heart of Canada’s Capital, the Central Experimental Farm’s Ornamental Gardens have enchanted visitors for more than a century.
- Friends of the Farm invite you to join them in the spectacular gardens on this National Historic Site.
- Friends expert garden volunteers will offer free guided tours of the CEF Ornamental Gardens including these historic gardens:
- Peony – Preston Lilac – Heritage Rose – Explorer Rose
- Macoun Memorial Garden, Rock Garden, Perennial and Annual Gardens, Iris and Daylily Gardens
- The Friends will also be selling Blooms: An Illustrated History of the Ornamental Gardens at Ottawa’s Central Experimental Farm.
- Other Friends books – For the Love of Trees and Ottawa’s Farm – will be available for purchase as well as new photo cards selected from the Blooms book.
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tours
INFO: Email email@example.com or call 613-230-3276