WHEN: Sunday June 24 from 10am to 2pm – will be cancelled in case of rain, check www.friendsofthefarm.ca
WHERE: Ornamental Gardens west of the Prince of Wales roundabout.
Park in Ag Museum lot (Pay & Display). The Friends of the Farm will be at the Farm entrance near the Museum parking area with additional information on garden tours. Light refreshments will also be available.
- A gem in the heart of Canada’s Capital, the Central Experimental Farm’s Ornamental Gardens have enchanted visitors for more than a century.
- Friends of the Farm invite you to join them in the spectacular gardens on this National Historic Site.
- Friends expert garden volunteers will offer free guided tours of the CEF Ornamental Gardens including these historic gardens:
- Peony – Preston Lilac – Heritage Rose – Explorer Rose
- Macoun Memorial Garden, Rock Garden, Perennial and Annual Gardens, Iris and Daylily Gardens
- 1pm – Launch of the historic replanted portions of the Macoun Garden – including the unveiling of a stone and a plaque to honour this joint Friends of the Central Experimental Farm and Ottawa Horticultural Society Canada 150 project.
- The Friends will be selling their books: Blooms, For the Love of Trees and Ottawa’s Farm – as well as new photo cards selected from the Blooms book.
- The Ottawa Society of Botanical Artists will send 5 to 10 artists to the gardens during June Blooms as part of their summer Sketching Program.
- This year, the Society is supporting two upcoming botanical art exhibitions, Art of the Plant, hosted by the Canadian Museum of Nature, May 10 to October 14, and Plant Portraits: Native Plants of Canada, hosted by Canadian Agricultural and Food Museum, May 18 to October 31.
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tours
INFO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-230-3276