WHEN: Saturday June 10, 2017 from 10am to 2pm – will be cancelled in case of rain, check www.friendsofthefarm.ca
WHERE: Ornamental Gardens west of the Prince of Wales roundabout.
Park in Ag Museum lot (Pay & Display). The Friends’ canopy will be at the Farm entrance near the Museum parking area with additional information on garden tours and book signing. Light refreshments will also be available.
- A gem in the heart of Canada’s Capital, the Central Experimental Farm’s Ornamental Gardens have enchanted visitors for more than a century.
- CEF Ornamental Gardens were selected as one of the Canada 150 Garden Experiences and June Blooms! is an Official Activity of Garden Days.
- As a tribute to Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Friends of the Farm invite you to join them in the spectacular gardens on this National Historic Site.
- Friends expert garden volunteers will offer free guided tours of the CEF Ornamental Gardens including these historic gardens:
- Ottawa Horticultural Society and the Friends have a joint project in two parts – Research and Beauty and Perennial Favourites – with OHS volunteers at each location for information
- The Friends will also be selling Blooms: An Illustrated History of the Ornamental Gardens at Ottawa’s Central Experimental Farm.
- Author Richard Hinchcliff will be on site near the pergola to sign copies.
- Other Friends books – For the Love of Trees and Ottawa’s Farm – will be available for purchase as well as new photo cards selected from the Blooms book.
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tours
INFO: Call (613) 230-3276 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org