WHEN: Saturday June 10 from 10am to 2pm
WHERE: Ornamental Gardens west of the Prince of Wales roundabout.
Park in Ag Museum lot (Pay & Display). The Friends will be “under the tarp” at the Farm entrance near the Museum parking area with additional information on garden tours and book signing. Light refreshments will also be available.
- A gem in the heart of Canada’s Capital, the Central Experimental Farm’s Ornamental Gardens have enchanted visitors for more than a century.
- CEF Ornamental Gardens were selected as one of the Canada 150 Garden Experiences and June Blooms! is an Official Activity of Garden Days.
- As a tribute to Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Friends of the Farm invite you to join them in the spectacular gardens on this National Historic Site.
- Friends expert garden volunteers will offer free guided tours of the CEF Ornamental Gardens including these historic gardens:
- Ottawa Horticultural Society and the Friends have a joint project in two parts – Research and Beauty and Perennial Favourites – with OHS volunteers at each location for information
- The Friends will also be selling Blooms: An Illustrated History of the Ornamental Gardens at Ottawa’s Central Experimental Farm.
- Author Richard Hinchcliff will be on site near the pergola to sign copies.
- Other Friends books – For the Love of Trees and Ottawa’s Farm – will be available for purchase as well as new photo cards selected from the Blooms book.
COST: Free admission, donations kindly accepted during the tours
INFO: Call (613) 230-3276 or e-mail email@example.com