WHEN: Saturday June 10 from 10am to 2pm – will be cancelled in case of rain, check www.friendsofthefarm.ca
WHERE: Ornamental Gardens west of the Prince of Wales roundabout.
Park in Ag Museum lot (Pay & Display). The Friends’ canopy will be at the Farm entrance near the Museum parking area with additional information on garden tours and book signing. Light refreshments will also be available.
- This year marks a double anniversary: Canada’s 150th since Confederation and the 125th anniversary of the founding of the Ottawa Horticultural Society (OHS).
- To celebrate, OHS and the Friends have joined forces to undertake a commemorative project with two components in the Ornamental Gardens at the Farm.
- On June 10 members of the OHS will be on hand to introduce these projects to visitors at the Ornamental Gardens.
- Perennial Favourites: Macoun Memorial Garden is a two year project with plantings of historical perennials in the Macoun Memorial Garden.
- Opened in 1936, the garden honours William T. Macoun, Dominion Horticulturist (1910-1933) and OHS president (1899) on the site of his former house.
- Using historical records, perennials favoured by Macoun will be planted in the northeast and northwest entrance to the garden close to the Driveway.
- In 2017 an array of annuals will be planted with a colour scheme preferred by Macoun while the perennial plant discovery process is underway.
- Read the full story on page 10 of our Spring Newsletter 2017.
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tour
INFO: Call (613) 230-3276 or e-mail email@example.com