WHEN: Saturday June 10 from 10am to 2pm
WHERE: Ornamental Gardens west of the Prince of Wales roundabout.
Park in Ag Museum lot (Pay & Display). The Friends will be “under the tarp” at the Farm entrance near the Museum parking area with additional information on garden tours and book signing. Light refreshments will also be available.
- This year marks a double anniversary: Canada’s 150th since Confederation and the 125th anniversary of the founding of the Ottawa Horticultural Society (OHS).
- To celebrate, OHS and the Friends have joined forces to undertake a commemorative project with two components in the Ornamental Gardens at the Farm.
- On June 10 members of the OHS will be on hand to introduce these projects to visitors at the Ornamental Gardens.
- Perennial Favourites: Macoun Memorial Garden is a two year project with plantings of historical perennials in the Macoun Memorial Garden.
- Opened in 1936, the garden honours William T. Macoun, Dominion Horticulturist (1910-1933) and OHS president (1899) on the site of his former house.
- Using historical records, perennials favoured by Macoun will be planted in the northeast and northwest entrance to the garden close to the Driveway.
- In 2017 an array of annuals will be planted with a colour scheme preferred by Macoun while the perennial plant discovery process is underway.
- Read the full story on page 10 of our Spring Newsletter 2017.
COST: Free admission, donations kindly accepted during the tour
INFO: Call (613) 230-3276 or e-mail email@example.com