WHERE: Building 72 in the Arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm, east of the Prince of Wales roundabout
- Please join the Friends for our popular annual fundraiser from September 1 to December 31
- Not a single person will show up and we will be delighted – you can help the Friends of the Farm just by staying at home!
- By purchasing tickets to this fundraising event that will never take place, you can help sponsor numerous activities in support of the Ornamental Gardens and Arboretum on the Farm.
- Individual seats $25. Couples $50. Family $100. Table of Six $250. Community $500.
- Your support is greatly appreciated and your donation is tax deductible.
INFO: Email email@example.com or call 613-230-3276
WHEN: Sunday October 28, 2018, at 10am
WHERE: Meet at Building 72 in the Arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm, east of the Prince of Wales roundabout
- This tour will focus on trees that are listed on the Canadian Species at Risk Act, or closely related to endangered species.
- Also visited on this tour will be many surprising southern tree species that regularly survive winter in Ottawa
- Come and join this final tour of the season with tour leaders Ken Farr and Eric Jones
- Although the tours are free and open to the public, please register in advance
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tour
INFO: Register here or call 613-230-3276.
WHERE: Building 72 in the Arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm,
east of the Prince of Wales roundabout
- This illustrated talk, presented by Master Gardener Heather Clemenson, outlines the history and design of English country house gardens.
- It outlines the Tudor period to the present day focusing on the pleasure gardens of the aristocracy and the gentry.
- The presentation provides an overview of how changes in the lifestyle and wealth of these powerful landowners have contributed to the development of garden tourism in England.
INFO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-230-3276