WHEN: Sunday September 23, 2018, at 10am
WHERE: Meet at Building 72 in the Arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm, east of the Prince of Wales roundabout
- Despite extensive surveys, knowledge regarding the current distribution of tree species in the landscape is incomplete.
- For some species the baseline population is not well understood, presenting challenges with respect to conservation and restoration.
- The tour leader Owen Clarkin will focus on how and why to record trees to the family, genus, and species levels for scientific/conservation databases, emphasizing techniques in photography
- No special knowledge is required
- Although the tours are free and open to the public, please register in advance
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tour
INFO: Register here or call 613-230-3276.