WHEN: Sunday June 10, 2018, at 10am
WHERE: Meet at Building 72 in the Arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm, east of the Prince of Wales roundabout
- Trees have an indefinite potential lifespan, a fact which is exploited in perpetual wood-harvesting methods such as coppicing and pollarding.
- So why do trees usually not live much more than 2 or 3 human lifespans, if lucky?
- Pests, diseases, and environmental extremes such as droughts, windstorms, and lightning often are responsible for ending the lives of trees.
- We will explore such damaging agents and other causes of tree mortality via a tour of the Dominion Arboretum.
- The tour leaders are Owen Clarkin and Eric Jones
- Although the tours are free and open to the public, please register in advance
COST: Free admission, donations gratefully accepted during the tour
INFO: Register here or call 613-230-3276.